Saturday 29 October 2011

Procter and Gamble - Olay

Today I have a result from two very recent dealings with Procter and Gamble. I wouldn't have called my contact with P&G both complaints as such, more constructive criticism/feedback. However I call it, I had some issues with Olay and Bold products which I felt I needed to raise as issues with the manufacturer behind these giant leading brands and I have to say their responses have been beyond my expectation.

I will split these up into two separate entries, and first I will speak about Olay and why I felt the urge to email their customer services.

I purchased two packs of Olay's Daily Facials Express cleansing wipes in fragrance free/sensitive skin formula and the normal/dry skin version. Being a make up wearer I was looking for a product that would effectively remove my eye make up, specifically my mascara and eye liner, so I was appealed by the product's claim on the front of the pack that they 'even remove(s) waterproof mascara'. I've previously used to a positive effect their Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths, the ones you activate with water to create a frothy foam, so I was expecting a similar effect with the instant wipes in the same Daily Facials range. I was remarkably disappointed with them.

Opening the two packs of the hydrating (normal/dry skin) and the soothing (sensitive skin) wet cleansing wipes I was intrigued by the typical face wipe appearance. The wipe was pleasantly soft but I wasn't hopeful when I felt how dry the wipes felt. Not bone dry but just damp. I was expecting a foamy moisturising texture in the wipe to thoroughly cleanse and condition my face, when the reality was that the wipe just didn't feel wet enough to do anything, let alone effectively. The less than generous wet wipe was an effort and felt a chore to use, and its ability to remove eye make up was ridiculously poor. Not even waterproof mascara but normal mascara was a job too physical for it. My eyes even felt a stinging sensation immediately after applying the wipe around my eyes, and this was the same with both wipe variants which surprised me. Olay's Daily Facials Express cleansing wipes had seriously let me down and at over £4 a pack, hit a blow at my expectations.

I emailed P&G customer services and they responded fairly quickly, within a few days. They acknowledged all my comments and said they would pass my complaints onto the relevant departments. They apologised that I thought the wipes were dry and said that they would ensure their Quality Assurance department to look into the matter. On the subject of my stingy eye sensation, P&G told me that some personal experiences are beyond their control. I would hope they still investigate this though. P&G said 'we would love you to continue using our Olay products and I have posted you out a coupon for your next purchase'. I received two vouchers, one for £15 and other for £5 to redeem against any Olay or Max Factor products. Considering the price of the wipes, almost £5 per pack, I am most impressed with P&G for giving me a refund in effect with £10 for the 'pain'. I won't be buying their Express wipes in a hurry but I'm sure I'll find something else which will suit me. Fantastic result!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment